IMPORTANT DATES



Sunday, January 30, 2011

Grades

Good evening!

I use a web-based gradebook called "Teacher Ease".  (I'm a sucker for anything that promises to make my life easier!).  One of the cool features about this gradebook program is that parents have online access to the grades as they are updated.

I have put some initial grades into the grade book for both English Language Arts and Social Studies.  In order for an overall grade to truly reflect student learning, there will need to be many more grades added.  Because of the small amount of grades, any missing or incomplete work will show an overall grade of an F.  (Note: As I graded work this weekend, there were some no-names and missing assignments.  Your child will have the opportunity to make up any work and turn it into me this week for full credit.)

The overall grade is comprised of the following:
Classwork 20%
Homework 20%
Projects 30%
Assessments 30%

You should have an email inviting you to see your child's grades in your inbox, so you can see their progress so far.  If you do not receive a Welcome Email from TeacherEase tonight, and would like to have access, please send me an email so that I can set that up for you.  (eileen.leckenby@larchmontcharter.org)

No comments:

Post a Comment